Calling all Entrepreneurs!
The Refinery has partnered with Uber and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation to bring you UberPITCH, a unique way for local startups to access the resources they need to grow their companies—all at the touch of an Uber button.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an application for your company by October 20.
- If selected, you will take a 10-15 minute Uber ride with a top investor on October 26 in one of the participating cities* to pitch your company and receive feedback.
- Investors will select semi-finalists to present at the “Fueling the Growth” pitch event in Stamford, CT on November 16. Finalists will present again that same night.
- The winners will get $120,000 in prize money and invaluable investor mentorship.
To be eligible, companies will:
- Have at least 1 woman in a leadership role.
- Utilize technology in their business (including technology-enabled healthcare and financial services companies).
- Demonstrate proven scalability with market fit.
- Be present in one of the participating cities* on October 26 for the UberPITCH car ride.
- Travel to Stamford, CT for the “Fueling the Growth” event at the Stamford Innovation Center on November 16.
More details about UberPITCH can be found below.
*Participating cities: Baltimore, MD; Kansas City, MO; New Haven, CT; Providence, RI; Stamford, CT; Washington DC.
Additional details in UberPITCH:
- Companies who submitted applications by October 20 and are eligible to participate in UberPITCH will be notified by October 24 and given an Uber promo code.
- Selected entrepreneurs will enter the promo code into the Uber app and request an UberPITCH car with an investor on October 26 between 11am and 2pm (times subject to change).
- Participants will have 7 minutes to pitch their business and receive 7 minutes of feedback from the investor. Entrepreneurs riding this day will be notified by November 2 if they are advancing to the semi-finalist round in Stamford, CT.
- Semi-finalists must attend the final pitch day of “Fueling the Growth” at the Stamford Innovation Center in Stamford, CT on November 16. First, there will be a semi-finalist round to determine the finalists, who will pitch again later that same evening.
- All semi-finalists are invited to be part of a showcase held just before the finalist pitch.