“Invest In” is a bi-monthly series of panel discussions featuring a selection of change-makers across the spectrum of sectors who will share insights on the social impact that their investments, businesses, and initiatives are making in the communities they serve, and how members of the audience can make an impact in the social and environmental issues that matter most.
Catalyzing Connecticut’s Social Enterprise Ecosystem
Impact Investing is investing in companies, organizations, and funds that generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. These companies and organizations could be for-profit or nonprofit and depending on the strategy used to solve a social problem is known as a social enterprise. How do we create successful, sustainable and investable social enterprises in Connecticut? The panel represents various viewpoints and strategies with respect to their work with nonprofits, governments, entrepreneurs, and public-private partnerships.
Our panel will include:
- Karen Brown, Vice President of Programs, Fairfield County Community Foundation
- Don Kendall, Co-Founder & Chairman, Social Venture Partners Connecticut
- Sandy Martin, Director, Connecticut Center for Social Innovation
- Wynd Harris, Director, UConn Sustainable Community Outreach & Public Engagement Accelerator
- Michael Roer, President, The Entrepreneurship Foundation, Inc.
- Moderated by reSET Social Enterprise Trust
Itinerary for Wednesday, July 16, 2014
6:30 pm – Check In | Refreshments
6:45 pm – Welcome & Introductions
7:00 pm – Panel Discussion | Q&A
8:30 pm – Networking
CT Impact Investing Network is a Meetup for anyone working or interested in the social impact space. Our mission is to build a vibrant impact investing community in Fairfield County and the surrounding areas. We highlight the social impact of local investors and entrepreneurs, and explore innovative business models and alternative investment vehicles that deliver market-based solutions for solving the world’s most pressing issues.